Thursday 10 July 2014

Semi Finals

Well I think it's fair to say that nobody saw that coming!  Never in all of my years as a food blogger have I seen pasties humiliated 7-1 by fruit soaked in alcohol.  But that is exactly what has happened as Brazil have been knocked out of the World Cup (Food Challenge) by Germany.

Joining Germany in the final of the World Cup are Argentina whose chicken escalopes beat the pancakes of Holland in a tense penalty shoot out.

Below are the classified results of the Semi Finals of the 2014 World Cup (Food Challenge).

Brazil (Pastelzinho de Carne com Queijo) 1 v 7 (seven) Germany (Kirschwasser)
Netherlands (Poffertjes) 0 (2) v 0(4) Argentina (Chicken Milanesa)

So my pre tournament prediction of an all South American final has failed to materialise, but my favourites to win (Argentina) are still going strong.  There will be no update for the third place play off.  Lets be honest the teams don't want to play in that game and I'm sure that Rebecca from Really Nice Food and Gary from Exploits of a Food Nut don't want any part of it either.

Next up we have the grand final! Keep following #wcfc2014 for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment